This is the traditional way of making tirunelveli wheat halwa by extracting milk from wheat flour,cooking in ghee till it reaches the desired consistency.
There are 2 ways of making this tirunelveli wheat halwa.But today, in this post we are going to see using wheat flour.Another way is by using wheat berries.
In another post, i will say about how to make halwa using wheat berries.Preparing wheat halwa is not an easy task.
Trying this recipe single handedly is a hard task. But you need to stir this halwa consistently to make it good.
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- In a pan add milk and heat well.
- Take wheat in a cloth and tie it well and then dip in water.
- Continuous dipping in water makes wheat milk.
- Now add this wheat milk and sugar to boiling milk.
- Blend well until it forms a solid consistency.
- Finally add ghee part by part.
- Stir until it becomes halwa consistency.